Goal: speed up the discovery, development and approval of new anti-epileptic drugs
Many members of this organization work in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and are individuals with a strong interest in having access to new AEDs. Many members are parents of children with refractive epilepsy.
Our experience in the pharmaceutical industry allows us to do the following:
- Help academic researchers interface with the pharmaceutical industry. Several examples are:
- Facilitate academia-industry partnerships
- Help academic scientists understand what information is needed to generate industry interest.
- Help academic scientists establish Investigator-Initiated Studies (IISs) with pharmaceutical companies.
- Help academic researchers start biotech companies
- Help researchers in biotech/pharma to internally advocate for projects targeting epilepsy.